A wise person once said the secret of life in a few words is ’before middle age, do not fear, after middle age, do not regret’.
Live a full and rich life such that you can be content later that you enjoyed your life while you could. Visit the places you wish to visit, get together with old friends and catch up, treat yourself to good things you can afford, eat healthily but indulge yourself occasionally.
Treat sickness with optimism, it is common to all regardless of status or class. Everyone goes through the cycle of birth, aging, sickness, and death, it is a fact of life. Settle outstanding issues beforehand so you can have no regrets.
Let the doctor handle your body, let God/nature handle your life, but be in charge of your own moods. If worry can cure sickness, go ahead and worry. If worry can prolong your life, then by all means worry, and if worry can be changed into happiness, engage fully in it.
But if you can’t guarantee all these, let go of worry, it is an energy sapper and a silent killer. Your kids will make their own fortune, quit worrying about them, instead prioritize your old body, your retirement funds, your old companion, and your old friends.If worry can cure sickness, go ahead and worry. If worry can prolong your life, then by all means worry. But we know that worry does not do any of these; so let go of it. It is a silent killer. Click To Tweet
Make a habit of smiling and laughing, like running water, life does not flow back, so make it happy. You can include the following to kick-start or enhance your process.
- Take walks and meditate daily asking God for purpose and direction.
- Eat more foods that are grown on trees and less of those manufactured in plants, drink lots of water, green tea, leafy vegetables, and fruits like blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
- Make at least three people smile daily, don’t waste precious time on gossip or issues of the past which only generate negative thoughts and are things we cannot control.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone, forgive them for everything, know that you don’t have to win every argument, agree to disagree, make peace with your past so it doesn’t affect your present.
- Don’t compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is about, and no one is in charge of your happiness except you.Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick, your family and friends will so stay in touch, help the needy and be generous.
- Be thankful to God for all you have accomplished and pray, resist the urge to be envious, envy is a waste of time, you already have all you need.
Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed and you can live your best life at every stage of your life.