Laughter is our birthright. Have you noticed that babies begin to smile during the first few days of being born? Laughter is a social activity that promotes bonding and diffuses tension.
When we were young, we were always ready to laugh at every small thing, but as we get into adulthood the challenges of life have made laughter non-existent or more infrequent in our daily lives. We have to try and find ways to bring laughter back into our lives because laughter is so good for us. Experts have shown that when we laugh, a lot of health benefits flow into our system.
We can bring back laughter into our lives by smiling to people, by finding ways of creating funny moments and by always seeing the positive side in any situation we find ourselves.
[bctt tweet=”A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (Proverbs 17:22)”]
The effects of laughter on our body, soul and spirit cannot be quantified. Here are some of the ways in which laughter therapy can improve the quality of our lives.
- Laughter enhances cardiovascular function and fortifies our immune system.
- It reduces depression and dissolves stress
- Through laughter, we have more energy.
- Laughter is comforting; when we laugh at a situation we are making light of the situation.
- It is contagious. When we laugh we spread happiness to the people around us.
- It reduces pain by causing the body to produce its own natural painkillers.
- Laughter can be used as a powerful form of communication.
When we start to age, some people worry about the smile lines on their faces. They seem to have forgotten that to reach a good old age we have been lucky enough to enjoy a good life and exciting experiences.
Laughter is free. Always look for a reason to laugh every day even when it seems there is not much to laugh about.
The Bible tells us in the book of Proverbs that “ a merry heart does good like medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones”. (Proverbs 17:22)
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest insights and updates.